Learn How Gift Planning Can Strengthen Your Ministry's Financial Future
Register to join us for a free, one-day workshop in Ann Arbor, MI on Thursday, November 9 from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM EST.
Advocate training is a one-day, face-to-face workshop open to any ministry or congregational leader. Participants include, but are not limited to:
- Congregational Lay Leaders
- Congregational Executive Staff
- Ministry/RSO/School Executive Staff
- Small-to-mid-size Ministry/RSP/School Development Staff
- District Executive Staff/Development Staff
- College/Seminary Executive/Development Staff
The workshop helps ministry leaders understand the value of gift planning and endowment development. Ministry leaders will learn how they can promote gift planning in their ministry, steward gifts as they are created, and partner with the LCMS Foundation to help their donors create and finalize their gift plans.
After the training workshop, the Advocate will receive a Gift Planning 101 digital kit that contains the materials they will need to start or continue an LCMS Foundation gift planning referral program in their congregation/ministry/RSO/school. They will also receive ongoing coaching support from the Foundation and their local gift planning counselor, and they will be invited to attend regular webinars or other online gatherings to receive updates and further education.
The workshop is intended to be practical, hands-on, and interactive. Broad topics covered include:
- Biblical approaches to stewardship, endowments and gift planning
- How to prepare to start or grow a gift planning program
- Gift planning presentations and marketing in your ministry
- Lifetime Plan for Giving and the LCMS Foundation referral process
- How to qualify prospective donors
- Stewarding donors over the long-term, including starting or building a legacy society
Attendees will be familiarized with the Foundation and how we partner with ministries, will workshop strategies for assessing their ministry’s readiness for gift planning, learn how to present and promote the Foundation's gift planning services in their ministry, practice what to listen for when qualifying donors, and receive a basic overview of the gift planning strategies and financial instruments the Foundation offers the Foundation has available.
To register for the training, please fill out the form below.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.